Prices & Shipping
Also: Terms, Use & Display Tips,
& Skin-Care Pointers
September 28, 2016
Latest prices always posted here
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Shipping Info about 10 page-down clicks/swipes
Unpackaged, by the each
(largest are by weight)
~ categorized by weight ranges ~
Weight - in ounces
To convert to grams, multiply by 28
Greater depth & width with ascending weight
Price Each - U.S.
1" (2-1/2 cm)
$.20 - fair stash
1-1/4" (3 cm)
.20 - fair
1-1/2" (4 cm)
.20 - limited
.4 - .5 oz
1-3/4 " (4-1/2 cm)
.24 -super plentiful
.6 - .7 oz
2" (5 cm.)
.38 - medium stash
.8 - .9 oz
2" (5 cm)
.61 - plentiful
1.0 - 1.3 oz
2-1/4 " (6 cm)
.97 - super plentiful +
1.4 - 1.9 oz
2-1/2 " (6-1/2 cm)
2.0 - 2.2 oz
2-1/2" (6-1/2 cm)
1.92 - rationed*
2.3 - 2.9 oz
2-1/2"+ (7 cm)
2.38 - rationed*
3.0 - 3.9 oz
3" (8 cm)
3.46 - rationed*
4.0 - 4.9 oz
3-1/2" (9 cm)
3.76 - plentiful
5.0 - 5.9 oz
4" (10 cm)
3.32 super plentiful
6.0 - 6.9 oz
4 - 5" (12 cm)
3.32 super plentiful
7.0 - 9.9 oz
4-1/2 - 5" (12 cm)
6./lb. super plentiful
10.0 - 14.9 oz
5"+ (13 cm)
6./lb medium stash
15.0 - 20 oz
5-1/2" (14 cm)
6./lb - medium stash
20.1 - 25 oz.
6" (15 cm)
6./lb - limited
25.1 - 40+ oz
6" - 9" (14 - 23 cm)
6./lb - limited
** Currency Converter (will take you to another site - click Ward Pumice link on bottom/top bar or back arrow to return)
* Rationing following stones:
2-2.2 oz. 90 ct. per 60 day period, for all (inquire)
2.3-2.9 oz, 60 ct., old buyers only, any 60-day period
3-3.9 oz., 60 ct., old buyers only, per 60-day period.
Rationing might ease further by August with return of normal snowfall. (Snowmelt sends stones down mountain; more snowmelt, bigger harvest).
Only most select pieces bagged
1.4 - 1.9 oz
2.3 - 2.9 oz
3.5 - 4.5 oz
6 ct .6 - .7 oz.
10 ct .4 - .5 oz.
* To convert to grams, multiply ounces by 28.
** Currency Converter (will take you to another site - click Ward Pumice link on bottom/top bar to return)
Biodegradable Cello-bagged comes in 5 sizes
Seconds/Shop Grade Pumice
Over Ton of Shop-grade Seconds Pre-discounted @ $3.50/lb.
Shop/utility-grade/economy skin care seconds
Available in four rough size ranges: small, medium, large & x-lg. Some have chips and/or broken ends, larger craters, rougher facing, mineral
discoloration, stains from dead plant leaves. Might be of less contoured shape.
Used variously for planter decor, chinchilla chews, economic skin care, pool scrubbers, stone-washing clothes, dog hair removers, shop work, science camps, kitchen aids, arts/crafts...
Note: Stone sizes vary within categories, as one stone, though same length as another, might be twice mass for extra width and thickness.
Small category shown - note golf ball , back right, for size comparison ^
Am bit inexact categorizing shop-grade stones. Part of reason they're cheaper is don't weigh and sort stones into exact weight ranges, time consuming process. Stones come in infinite shapes and sizes and differing densities. If re-selling, suggest maybe sorting into two further size categories of your own, or sell by weight.
Small roughly 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 inches longest dimension
Medium roughly 2-1/4 to 3 inches longest dimension
Large roughly 3 to 4 inches longest dimension
X-Large behemoth stones 5 to 7 inches long also available - inquire; not offered online
Online Purchase Selections:
#038 - 8-pound USPS priority medium boxful of small pumice - $28. + 13.45 shipping (about 120 stones.)
#039 - 13.5-pound Lg. USPS Priority boxful of small pumice - $47.25 + 18.75 shipping (about 190 ct.)
#040 - 11-pound Lg. USPS Priority boxful of medium pumice - $38.50 + 18.75. shipping (about 60-80 stones)
#041 - 10-pound Lg. USPS boxful of large pumice - $35. + 18.75 shipping (roughly between 25-50 stones, depending on how large the larges)
If custom order more than fits in single large flat-rate USPS box, will send either in multiple flat-rate boxes or Fed Ex air with your account number. (Sorry, no UPS or ground FedEx.) To save shipping on larger West Coast orders, stones sent in non-flat-rate USPS boxes.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
International Orders: Select from items # 21-27 or #37 only and purchase with credit card thru PayPal (no account necessary). Accept U.S., Canadian & Australian dollars, yen, euros and pounds. Amount shown is total - no shipping added at checkout (these items only).
Option: email/phone for quote and emailed invoice on desired order including shipping; receive PayPal invoice by email and pay by credit card or PayPal account. I'll then be notified of your payment and given mailing address you supplied.
Note: Worthy but bare-bones PayPal shopping cart not programmable for specifying domestic or non-domestic shipping cost, so separate listings created. Also, in event of domestic multiple-item ordering generating outrageous shipping on items that might be consolidated, don't freak - overage promptly PayPal-ed back by me on processing, as I always try to ship at cost.
VOLUME DISCOUNT SCHEDULE:
(not applicable to online purchases or pre-discounted by-the-pound large select or shop-grade stones)
- 10% on orders $100 or more
- 15% on orders $300 or more
- 20% on orders $500 or more
- extra 3% to food and grange co-ops, any size order
California buyers not reselling pay 7.5% state sales tax, built into price of online orders, added to orders made by email and phone. If California reseller buying online, please supply reseller number in Paypal's comment/instructions box.
- Net-7 account for verifiable, well-established concerns after first order via PayPal, if preferred
- PayPal - no account needed; use regular credit card. Find button to decline and bypass PayPal's offer to open account with you (unless wanted).
- E-checks and money orders accepted but slower turnaround with waiting for check to clear
- For international orders see online selections #21-27 + #37. Or build order by email/phone, receive quote including shipping, and pay through PayPal -- automatic online currency conversion of Canadian & Australian dollars, pounds, euros or yen with US dollars, at day's current exchange rate
- Order however many and in whatever mix desired - no case or bag increments to wrestle with. Just not online, as simple shopping cart can't quantify beyond multiplying given quantities and shipping costs. Call or email order if this is the case or order multiples of listed item(s) online and will PayPal back anything over actual shipping cost
- If ordering larger quantities, or packaged pumice -- assembled fresh w/ each order -- allow for extra lead time to fulfill
- For special orders requiring seeking certain shapes or dimensions, nominal fee added for search time routing through stashes and measuring
Domestic Shipping for Online Purchases:
(Shipping cost also specified in online listings)
- Most orders sent at cost USPS flat-rate priority @ $13.60 (medium box) & $18.85 (large box) Typical 1-3 work day delivery nationwide once shipped
- Specified shipping added at checkout
- If making multiple selections, cart checkout will add shipping amounts together even for stones that might all fit in one box. No worries. On processing, will PayPal back any overage beyond actual shipping cost if can condense. To avoid this annoyance, call or email custom orders in and will generate PayPal invoice to pay online on secure site. See rough box capacities below to get most bang for shipping buck:
Approx. box capacities of medium/large USPS flat-rate boxes by stone size:
- .4-.5 oz. stones: 200 count medium box / 340 count large box
- .6-.7 oz. stones: 160 count medium box / 300 count large box
- .8-.9 oz. stones:120/180 count
- 1-1.3 oz.: 100/160 count
- 1.4-1.9 oz.: 75/125 count
- 2-2.2 oz.: 50/85 count
- 2.3-2.9 oz.: 35/60 count
- 3-3.9 oz.: 30/50 count
- 4-4.9 oz.: 23/34 count
- 5-5.9 oz.: 18/28 count
- 6-6.9 oz.: 14/23 count
- 7-9.9 oz.: 12/21 count
- 10-14.9 oz.: 10/15 count
- Orders over $80 sent with extra insurance. Since it's for mutual peace of mind, nominal cost split 50-50. (Orders $50. and under automatically insured with usual USPS priority flat-rate shipping)
for Orders by Phone & eMail:
- Pay only actual shipping cost
- Small to medium orders go flat-rate USPS Priority (1-3 days nationwide typical) at $13.45 for medium flat-rate box and $18.75 for large flat-rate box; Larger orders usually go by multiple USPS Priority flat rate boxes
- For rush orders, FedEx (Air only): available by supplying account number. As I live in boonies 25 miles from FedEx shipping agent, will only process and ship same day for orders of $250. or more and called in before 10 a.m. Pacific time. (My motivation threshold to break away from rustic tranquility and deal with road and town.)
- For larger orders, suggest getting email or phone quote first. Give stone(s) of interest and quantity
International Orders & Shipping
6-10 work-day delivery typical once processed
Please note: only online offerings #-21 - 27 & #37 - labeled 'International' - can be ordered online outside U.S. Some are Canada only. Amount listed is full cost in U.S. dollars, shipping included - nothing added at check-out
- Email your tentative interest and will possibly post new online listing for easiest ordering and delivery, or...
- ...custom-build order via email/phone (keeping in mind time difference and space limits of flat-rate boxes - see above in red, "Capacity..."), receive PayPal order invoice by email specifying total cost for desired selections. Then...
- Send payment online via credit card (no PayPal account needed) in Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, yen, euros or pounds, thru secure site. Order confirmation instantly sent by PayPal and another sent from me as soon as order processed, along with estimated arrival date.
- Make sure account is verified if you have account with PayPal. Not necessary if using credit card. Look for button to decline and bypass offer to open time-consuming (and, for some, too cozy an account, becoming tied into one's bank account as it is), and just enter credit card info as with usual card transaction
International Shipping Costs
- To Canada: USPS Priority Mail International: Medium flat-rate box for USD $45.95 - actual shipping cost. (Sized 11 x 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches) See 3 clicks above in red for how many of given size fill flat-rate boxes) . Large flat-rate box (12 x 12 x 5-1/2 inches) holds about 11 pounds of stones max for USD $59.95 USPS flat rates increased 2016. (Possible savings tip for Canadian orders: If living close to U.S. border town, have stones sent to shipping center or General Delivery to U.S. post office; even with customs and gas, net savings might make it worthwhile if multitasking while there.)
- To All Other Countries - Medium flat-rate USPS Priority Mail box (see 3 clicks above in red for size/stone capacities) is USD $66.50 shipping. Large box is USD $86.95. (These are actual costs to me - nothing added.) Typical 6-10 workday delivery. No doubt too pricey for many, tho doable if cost can be viably absorbed in retail pricing or own use makes it worth cost
- PayPal's online payment system allows fast secure international transactions with Visa, MasterCard and Discover. (I never see account information.) System excels in enabling instant US currency conversion of Canadian and Australian dollars, pounds, yen, and euros - all at day's exchange rate. PayPal factors in 2.5% currency exchange fee. I absorb 3.9% international transaction fee
- Any possible international over payment promptly corrected via PayPal transfer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
You must be satisfied. If for any reason you're not, return for full refund less shipping costs, within 15 days. Product must be unused and in re-sellable condition. I'll pay full return shipping if incorrect order sent or product arrives in unusable condition. I'll also pay shipping if order lost in mail and send free replacement or refund. (Extremely rare - twice in hundreds. of orders.) Please call or email first.
- Add real pumice stone to natural foot care/body care gift baskets - loose (with printed instruction slip from PDF file if desired), in own bag, or buy ready-packaged
- Offer to shoppers in bulk for lowest cost
- On displaying bulk neatly: Stones, eager to work, can shed like dogs as jostled, generating grit and powder and require bowl, tray or lined basket to contain detritus
for easiest store price-tracking of bulk stones if carrying multiple
sizes, keep to readily distinguishable sizes; for example, .6-.9 oz.,
2.-2.2 oz and 3.-3.9 oz. Price stickers won't always stay on stone --
like humans, they resist being labeled. or...
- Sell by weight after doing math for cost average, enabling stocking many sizes in same display bin
Advice Dept.: Intent - quality of focus and mindful energy put into
display and placement, plus tuning in to stones for splendid natural
creations they are, not just another widget - can make or break sales.
Place bulk stones in nice natural container like woven basket at easy
reach height - especially at impulse-zone counter if small stones - with appealing sign
(included is small sheet that can be colored and laminated, or generate
nicely, after seller tunes into their virtues and share them with shoppers, stones, being rock stars to those in the know and intuitive fast
learners, sell themselves. Remember, nothing stalls
sales in stores like a few forlorn stones left moping in near-empty
container. Keep display topped for bountiful cornucopia appearance and fastest turnover
- Important: If retailing stones online, realize it's impossible for viewers to gauge actual stone size by simple photo. It helps worlds to specify average size or compare to common item
like walnut, coin, golf ball, tennis ball, if not actually put something
in picture for ready comparison like ruler or coin. This allows buyer to make informed purchase.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
yet more particulars...
(will they never cease?)
- More popular bulk sizes for skin care: 1.4-1.9 oz through 4-4.9 oz. Some users like heftier sizes with easy grip and larger work surface area (up to 5-5.9 oz or so); others find smaller stones better suited for smaller and/or less muscular efforts and for working toes and hand calluses. (.6-.7 oz. and .8-.9 oz. good.) Some upscale retailers stock larger stones to strike luxury note, while other retailers go smaller for less outlay and faster turnover
- Smaller bulk pumice ( i.e. .4-.5 oz @ .24 ea. & .6-.7 @ .38 ea.) in basket make great counter impulse purchases at natural-leaning spa/salon/mineral springs/foot specialist giveaways
- Smaller stones work well for travel/purse/toiletry bag/backpack - use a few times and return to nature. Keep a few and give rest as gifts. Kids have fun with them too, having contests to see whose stone floats longest (or sinks soonest), or adding new specimens to budding rock collections
- Packaged Mt. Shasta pumice come in biodegradable cellophane bags w/ recycled-paper labels, allowing room for your UPC sticker/price label. Happiest perched in nesting container or on hanger/hanger strip
- By request, super-adherent transparent plastic stick-on rack hangers, attached on cello packaged stones at no extra cost. Specify when ordering
- Other bulk select sizes Mt. Shasta pumice available, from tiniest .1 oz (averaging 1 inch, or 4 - 5 cm.), good for facial/hand care or ?, to floating behemoths of 3-4 pounds each (up to 9 inch, or 23 cm.) - good for window/shelf display, de-gunking industrial sanding belts, medicine rocks, geologic specimens, landscaping or ? Limited quantities of largest and smallest sizes
- Weigh method disclaimer: in sorting stones into categories digital postage scale used, factory-calibrated to read next highest tenth of ounce once over any threshold increment. So, a stone actually weighing between .31 and .39 ounce will read .4 ounce and be categorized as such - conforming (rather needlessly) to postal weight regulations. This serves as accurate enough measure for most concerns and is taken into account in pricing
- As mentioned, stones categorized by weight ranges. Two stones of same length can vary greatly in volume due to differing depths and widths. Weight gives most accurate measure of stone's overall mass. (Even mass of two same-weight stones can vary, tho, due to some stones being denser)
Note: At risk of stating obvious, golf ball, tennis ball, softball and foot rule shown in various online-purchase photos are for scale only and don't come with order.
Tips for Safe Loofa
Skin Care Use
Stone's extra abrasiveness requires more care, especially when using beyond working feet, for
general loofa skin exfoliation.
The key: fully soak several minutes, lather, rinse and
damp-dry skin. Soak stone, find smoothest working face and gently stroke
in one direction only - minimizing healthy-skin irritation - and
rinse often. Never use on inflamed skin like deep heal cracks or
blisters; will only aggravate.
Diabetics and hemophiliacs should avoid use. Instructions for safe use on label in packaged form, also
hand-out sheets supplied free with bulk 1.4 -1.9 oz. and larger stones on request.
items #1-10, 17-20 & 28-29 & 39 - domestic bulk & cello-bagged
items #23-27 - international bulk & cello-bag
items #038 - 041 - bulk seconds, domestic only