Prices & Shipping
Also Use & Display Tips
& Skin Care Instructions
Latest prices always posted here
Online prices and some item quantities changed August 10.
See bottom home page for rationed stone limits
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
(Shipping Info about 10 page-down clicks)
Unpackaged by the each, largest by the pound
~ categorized by weight ranges ~
Weight - in ounces
To convert to grams, multiply by 28
Greater depth & width with ascending weight
Price Each - U.S.
1" (2-1/2 cm)
$.20 - limited
1-1/4" (3 cm)
.20 - limited
1-1/2" (4 cm)
.20 - limited
.4 - .5 oz
1-3/4 " (4-1/2 cm)
.6 - .7 oz
2" (5 cm.)
.8 - .9 oz
2" (5 cm)
1.0 - 1.3 oz
2-1/4 " (6 cm)
1.4 - 1.9 oz
2-1/2 " (6-1/2 cm)
2.0 - 2.2 oz
2-1/2" (6-1/2 cm)
1.92 - rationed
2.3 - 2.9 oz
2-1/2"+ (7 cm)
2.38 - rationed
3.0 - 3.9 oz
3" (8 cm)
2.96 - rationed
4.0 - 4.9 oz
3-1/2" (9 cm)
5.0 - 5.9 oz
4" (10 cm)
6.0 - 6.9 oz
4 - 5" (12-13 cm)
7.0 - 9.9 oz
4-1/2 - 5" (12 cm)
10.0 - 14.9 oz
5"+ (13 cm)
15.0 - 20 oz
5-1/2" (14 cm)
6./lb - limited
20.1 - 25 oz.
6" (15 cm)
6./lb - limited
25.1 - 40+ oz
6" - 9" (14 - 23 cm)
6./lb - limited
** Currency Converter (will take you to another site - click Ward Pumice link on bottom/top bar to return)
Only most select pieces are bagged
1.4 - 1.9 oz
2.3 - 1.9 oz
3.5 - 4.5 oz
6 ct .6 - .7 oz.
10 ct .4 - .5 oz.
* To convert to grams, multiply ounces by 28.
** Currency Converter (will take you to another site - click Ward Pumice link on bottom/top bar to return)
Biodegradable Cello-bagged comes in 5 sizes
Over Ton of Shop-grade Seconds Pre-discounted @ $3.50/pound
Shop/utility-grade/economy skin care seconds available in three rough ranges, small, medium, & large. Some will have chips, broken ends, larger craters,
Small category- note golf ball right for size comparison >
discoloration, stains from drowned plant leaves, and/or be of less refined shape and appearance.
Summer shipping special on most selections. Used as planter decor, chinchilla chews, economic skin care, pool and marble step scrubbing, dog hair removers, landscaping, shop work, kitchen aid, crafts, you name it.
Note: Stone sizes vary within medium and large categories as one stone, though the same length as another, might be twice the mass by extra width and/or thickness. Always a bit inexact categorizing stones coming in infinite shapes and sizes and differing densities.
Small roughly 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 inches longest dimension
Medium roughly 2-1/4 to 3 inches longest dimension
Large roughly 3 to 4 inches longest dimension
X-Large behemoth stones 5 to 7 inches long are also available - inquire
Online Purchase Selections:
#038 - 8-pound box of small pumice - $28. + 12.35 shipping (about 120 ct.)
#039 - 13.5-pound box of small pumice - 47.25 + 7 shipping (c. 190 ct.)
#040 - 11-pound box of medium pumice - 38.50 + 7. shipping (c. 60-80 ct.)
#041 - 10-pound box of large pumice - 35. + 7. shipping (about 40-50 ct.)
Inquire if interested in larger volumes or different selection than limited online offerings
If order is more than fits in single large flat-rate USPS box will send either multiple flat-rate boxes or Fed Ex air with your account number. (Sorry, no UPS.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ordering Internationally: Select from items # 21-27 or #37 only and purchase with credit card thru PayPal (no account necessary). Accept U.S., Canadian & Australian dollars, yen, euros and pounds. Amount shown is total - no shipping added at checkout (these items only).
Option: email/phone for quote and emailed invoice on desired order including shipping, receive PayPal invoice by email and pay by credit card or PayPal account. I'll be instantly notified of your order with full mailing address you supply.
Note: Worthy but bare-bones PayPal shopping cart not programmable for specifying domestic or non-domestic shipping cost, so separate listings created. Also, in event of domestic multiple-item ordering generating outrageous shipping on items that can be consolidated, don't panic - overage promptly PayPal-ed back on processing, as always ship at cost.
Wholesale Terms & Info
VOLUME DISCOUNT SCHEDULE:
(not applicable to online purchases or pre-discounted by-the-pound Select Grade and Shop Grade)
- 10% on orders $100 or more
- 15% on orders $175 or more
- 20% on orders $250 or more
- extra 3% to food co-ops, any size order
- Net-30 account for verifiable, well-established concerns
- PayPal - no account needed when using credit card. Find button to decline and bypass PayPal's offer to open account with you (unless you want to -- involved process) No E-checks
- For international orders, see online selections #21-27 + #37. Or build order by email/phone, receive quote including shipping, and pay through PayPal's money-transfer site -- automatic online currency conversion of Canadian & Australian dollars, pounds, euros or yen with US dollars at day's current exchange rate
- Order however many, in whatever mix, above minimum - no case or bag increments to wrestle with. (But not online, as rudimentary shopping cart system can't quantify beyond multiplying given quantities. Call or email order if this is the case, or order multiples of listed item(s) online and I'll PayPal back anything over actual shipping cost.)
- If ordering larger quantities, or packaged pumice (assembled fresh w/ each order), allow extra lead time
- For special orders requiring seeking certain shapes or dimensions, nominal fee added based on search time
- Add real pumice stone to natural foot care/body care gift baskets - loose with instruction slip, in own bag, or ready-packaged
- Offer to shoppers in bulk for lowest cost all around
- On displaying bulk: Stones, eager to work, can shed like dogs as moved about, generating grit and powder and requiring bowl, tray or lined basket to contain detritus
- Tip: for easiest store price-tracking of bulk stones if carrying multiple sizes, keep to readily distinguishable sizes; for example, .6-.9 oz., 2.-2.2 oz and 3.-3.9 oz. Price stickers won't always stay on stone -- like humans, they resist being labeled. or...
- Sell by weight after doing math for cost average, enabling stocking many sizes in same display bin
- Posting shelf or display sign price recommended
- Unsolicited Advice Dept.: intent - how much focus and mindful energy put into display and placement, plus tuning in to stones for splendid natural creations they are (not just another widget) - can make or break sales. Place bulk stones in nice natural container like woven basket at easy reach height - especially in impulse-zone at counter with appealing sign (included is small sheet that can be colored and laminated, or generate own; larger orders include 4-1/2 X 51/4 inch laminated display sign)
- Presented nicely, stones - rock stars to those in the know and intuitive fast learners - sell themselves. Remember though, nothing stalls sales in stores like a few forlorn stones left moping in near-empty container; keep display topped off for bountiful cornucopia appearance
- ...If you're retailing stones online: realize that it's impossible to gauge actual stone size by simple photo, and it helps worlds to specify average size or compare to common item like walnut, coin, golf ball, tennis ball, if not actually put something in picture for ready size comparison like walnut, golf ball, ruler, or coin. This allows buyer to make informed purchase.
Domestic Shipping for Online Purchases
(Shipping cost specified in online listings):
- Most orders sent via USPS flat-rate priority @ $12.65 (medium box) & $17.90 (large box) Typical 1-3 work day delivery nationwide. At-cost shipping
- Specified shipping cost added at checkout
- In making multiple selections: If cart checkout insists on adding shipping amounts together for stones that might all fit in one box, no worries. On processing, will PayPal back any overage beyond actual shipping cost. (To avoid this annoyance, call or email custom such orders in.) See box capacities below
- Capacity of medium / large USPS flat-rate boxes by stone size: .6-.7 oz. stones: 160 count/250 count; .8-.9 oz. stones:120/180 count; 1-1.3 oz.: 100/150; 1.4-1.9 oz.: 75/125; 2-2.2 oz.: 50/85; 2.3-2.9 oz.: 35/60; 3-3.9 oz.: 30/50; 4-4.9 oz.: 23/34; 5-5.9 oz.: 18/28; 6-6.9 oz.: 14/23; 7-9.9 oz.: 12/21; 10-14.9 oz.:10/15
- Most orders over $50. sent with extra insurance. Since it's for mutual peace of mind, nominal cost is split 50-50. Orders $50. and under automatically insured with USPS priority shipping.
for Phone, eMail & Mail Orders:
- Pay only actual shipping cost
- Small to medium orders go flat-rate USPS Priority (1-3 days nationwide typical) at $12.65 for medium flat-rate box and $17.90 for large flat-rate box; Larger orders go by multiple USPS Priority flat rate boxes
- Capacity of medium / large USPS flat-rate boxes by stone size: .6-.7 oz stones: 160 count/250 count; .8-.9 oz.:120/180; 1-1.3 oz.: 100/185;
1.4-1.9 oz.: 75/125; 2-2.2 oz.: 50/85; 2.3-2.9 oz.: 35/60; 3-3.9 oz.:
30/50; 4-4.9 oz.: 23/34; 5-5.9 oz.: 18/28; 6-6.9 oz.: 14/23; 7-9.9 oz.:
12/21; 10-14.9 oz.:10/15
- For rush orders, FedEx (Air only): available by supplying your account number. As I live 30 miles from FedEx shipping agent, will only process and ship same day with orders of $250. or more called in before 10 a.m. pacific time. (Motivation threshold to break away from rustic tranquility)
- For larger orders, suggest getting email or phone quote. Supply product of interest, zip code and preferred shipping service, if any. (Sorry, no UPS) USPS's standard post rates have risen so much lately, flat-rate priority is often just as cheap as standard post and far easier to know cost and ship
International Orders & Shipping
6-10 work-day delivery typical
Please note: only online offerings #-21 - 27 & #37 - labeled 'International' - can be ordered online for outside U.S. Some are Canada only. Amount listed is full cost in U.S. dollars, shipping included - nothing added at check-out
- Email tentative interest and will possibly post new online listing for easiest ordering and delivery, or...
- ...custom-build order via email/phone (keeping in mind time difference and space limits of flat-rate boxes - see above in red, "Capacity..."), receive PayPal order invoice by email specifying total cost for desired selections. Then...
- Send payment online via credit card (no PayPal account needed) in Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, yen, euros or pounds. Order confirmation instantly sent by PayPal and another from me as soon as order processed, along with estimated shipping and arrival date.
- Make sure account is verified if you have account with PayPal. Not necessary if just using credit card. Look for button to decline and bypass offer to open time-consuming and, for some, too cozy an account, becoming tied to your bank account, and just enter credit card info as with usual card transaction
International Shipping Costs
- To Canada: USPS Priority Mail International: Medium flat-rate box for USD $42.25 actual shipping cost. (Sized 11 x 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches) holds up to six pounds bulk stone (varies with pumice size - see 3 clicks above in red for how many of given size fill flat rate boxes) . Large flat-rate box (12 x 12 x 5-1/2 inches) holds about 12 pounds of stone maximum for USD $55.75 actual shipping cost. USPS flat rates increased February 2014. (Possible savings tip for Canadian orders: If living close to U.S. border town, have stones sent to shipping center or General Delivery to U.S. post office; even with customs and gas, net savings might make it worthwhile if multitasking/visiting while there.)
- All Other Countries US post office ships to: Medium flat-rate USPS Priority Mail box (see 3 clicks above in red for size/stone capacities) is USD $61.75 shipping. Large box is USD $80.50. (These are actual costs to me - nothing added; USPS postal rates rose 1-26-14.) Typical 6-10 workday delivery. (No doubt too pricey for many to consider, but doable if cost can be viably absorbed in retail pricing, or other use makes it worth cost)
- PayPal's online payment system allows fast secure international transactions with Visa, MasterCard and Discover. (I never see account information.) System excels in enabling instant US currency conversion of Canadian and Australian dollars, pounds, yen, and euros - all at day's exchange rate. PayPal factors in 2.5% currency exchange fee. I absorb the 3.9% international transaction fee
- Any possible international over or under payment promptly corrected via PayPal transfer
*All Other Countries. Shipping rates to following countries (pre-paid via PayPal in dollars US, Australian or Canadian; yen, euros, or pounds):
Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Republic of Korea, Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Cambodia, Fiji Islands, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Botswana, Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, S. Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Bahrain, Egypt, Ethiopia, Israel, United Arab Emigrates, Kuwait, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Bahamas, Bermuda,Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Jamaica, Panama, Peru, Trinidad, Tobago, Uruguay & Venezuela.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
You must be satisfied. If for any reason you're not, return for full refund, less shipping costs, within 15 days. Product must be unused and in re-sellable condition if packaged. I'll pay full return shipping if incorrect order sent or product arrives in unusable condition. I'll also pay shipping if order lost in mail and send free replacement. (Extremely rare - twice in hundreds. of orders) Please call or email first.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
yet more particulars...
(will they never cease?)
- Most popular bulk sizes for skin care: 1.4-1.9 oz through 4-4.9 oz. Some users like heftier sizes with easy grip and larger work surface area (4-4.9 oz and 5-5.9 oz); others find smaller stones better suited for smaller and/or less muscular hands and for working toes and hand calluses. (.6-.7 oz. and .8-.9 oz. good.) Some upscale retailers like larger stones to strike luxury bath item note, while other retailers go smaller for economy and faster turnover
- Smaller bulk pumice ( i.e. .4-.5 oz @ .24 ea. & .6-.7 @ .38 ea.) in basket make great counter impulse purchases or thoughtful spa/mineral springs/foot specialist giveaways. Also chinchilla chew toys
- 6- and 10-packs of smaller stones work well for travel/purse/toiletry bag/backpack - use a few times and return to nature. Keep some and give rest as gifts. Kids have fun with them, too, with contests to see whose stone floats longest (or sinks soonest), or adding new specimens to budding rock collections
- Packaged Mt. Shasta pumice come in biodegradable cellophane bags w/ gift grade recycled-paper label, with room for your UPC sticker/price label. Happiest perched in nesting container or on hanger/hanger strip (request hanger tabs for latter display)
- Super-adherent transparent plastic stick-on rack hangers on request supplied on cello packaged stones - ready to hang. Specify when ordering.
- Other bulk select sizes of Mt. Shasta pumice available from tiniest .1 oz (averaging 3/4 - 1 inch, or 4 - 5 cm.), good for facial/hand care to floating behemoths of 3-4 pounds each (up to 9 inch, or 23 cm.) - good for window/shelf display, de-gunking industrial sanding belts, medicine rocks, geologic specimens, landscaping. Limited quantities of largest and smallest sizes
- Weigh method disclaimer: in sorting stones into categories, digital postage scale is used, factory-calibrated to read next highest tenth of ounce once over any threshold increment. A stone actually weighing between .31 and .39 ounce will thus read .4 ounce, and be categorized as such - conforming (rather needlessly) to postal weight regulations. This serves as accurate enough measure for most concerns and is taken into account in pricing
- As mentioned, stones categorized by weight range with average length given. Two stones of same length can vary greatly in volume due to differing depths and widths. Weight gives most accurate measure of stone's overall mass. Even mass can vary sometimes due to some stones being more dense
Note: At risk of stating obvious, golf ball, tennis ball, softball and foot rule shown in various online-purchase photos are for scale only and don't come with order
< Drying deck
Tips for Safe Loofa Skin Care Use
Stone's extra abrasiveness requires more care, especially when using beyond working feet for
general loofa skin exfoliation. The key: fully soak, lather, rinse and
damp-dry skin. Soak stone, find smoothest stone face and gently stroke
in one direction only - thus minimizing healthy-skin irritation - and
rinse often. Never use on inflamed skin like deep heal cracks or
blisters; will only aggravate. Diabetics should avoid use. Instructions for safe use on label in packaged form, also
hand-out sheets supplied with bulk 1 oz. and larger stones.
items #1-10, 17-20 & 28-29 & 39 - domestic bulk & cello-bagged
items #21-27 & 037 - international bulk & cello-bagged
items #038 - 041 - bulk seconds, domestic only
item #42 - 39 lbs. bulk seconds - shipped with your Fed Ex account